Position Available: Programs Assistant (Princeton, NJ, remote)
The Director will plan and implement an integrated communications strategy for the ASCSA that presents a consistent, compelling, and accurate account of the people and programs of the American School to relevant audiences in the United States and around the world. The Director must have advanced writing and editing skills and be able to present ideas with clarity and vision. This position will be essential to strengthening the brand identity of the School across a wide range of key stakeholder audiences.
The Communications Director is the primary officer charged with creating and executing a public relations strategy that will allow the School’s leadership to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media, public officials, donors and other key influencers. The Communications Director will work with the senior staff both to recognize internal and external communications opportunities, challenges and solutions, and to define and execute appropriate strategic responses.
Principal activities will include:
Writing, Proofreading and Editing
- Must possess exceptional writing and editing skills. The Communications Director will serve as the final reviewer for all written promotional materials.
- Exercise judgment to prioritize media opportunities and prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material as needed by the Executive Director
- In consultation with the Executive Director, create, design and/or amend existing personalized funding proposals and other development materials that promote the work of the School and help drive fundraising.
- Oversee the continued development and use of the ASCSA brand throughout all printed materials and events.
- Oversee all copy intended for public consumption to ensure its alignment with a strategic communications plan
- Create timely articles for distribution immediately to highlight “philanthropy in motion” at the School
- Oversee, and execute as needed, the development of electronic communications, and other strategic communications as outlined by the Executive Director
- Co-write, edit and design the annual report and our bi-annual newsletter
- Manage and execute email marketing strategies and develop content calendar
- Create invitations and PowerPoint slides, and assist with writing of the script for annual gala
For more information: https://www.ascsa.edu.gr/about/staff/positions-available