Position Available: Assistant Editor for Hesperia, ASCSA Publications Office
ASSISTANT EDITOR, HESPERIA
Deadline: April 2, 2021
The Publications Office of the American School of Classical Studies at Athens, in Princeton, NJ, has a full-time vacancy, beginning in July for a well-organized and highly motivated individual to support the Editor of Hesperia in all stages of production for the ASCSA’s award-winning journal on Greek archaeology and material culture.
The Assistant Editor will be part of a small, friendly department that works closely with authors to produce scholarly publications of the highest quality. The successful candidate will coordinate the peer-review process, review permissions, conduct bibliographic research, typeset, proofread, and take on any other production tasks as requested by the Editor.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Archaeology, Classics, or a related field
- At least two years of experience as a production, manuscript, or project editor
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure of publication deadlines while retaining close attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work while managing multiple projects in various stages simultaneously
- Familiarity with applying author and style guidelines (e.g., the Chicago Manual of Style)
- Proficiency in Ancient Greek (minimum three semesters)
- Computer literacy and the ability to work in an electronic workflow
For more information: https://www.ascsa.edu.gr/about/staff/positions-available